Good fire prevention systems are a key part of ensuring fire safety. The following instructions should be followed by all building staff and all tenants:
- Keep doors to stairwells closed at all times
- Keep stairwells, landings, hallways and exits clear of obstructions at all times.
- Do not smoke. WTC Amsterdam is a smoke-free complex
- Avoid careless storage practices. Do not obstruct sprinklers and in areas with sprinklers, do not place items within 45 centimeters of the ceiling
- Ensure that articles such as boxes and storage racks do not obstruct doorways
- Do not overload electrical outlets
- Be familiar with your responsibilities during a fire